Old 01-11-2010, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default growing these seeds

On 1 Nov, 13:41, "john hamilton" wrote:
Novice would be grateful for a few pointers on how to grow these seeds.

http://tinypic.com/r/34xna1c/7

If i waited for them to drop off, I think it would be difficult for me to
find them.

Yet i dont want to pick them off too early. Any advice please?

Also is it just a question of poking them into a flower pot and waiting? Or
is there anything else I should do? * * Thanks.

By the looks of the picture you posted you are to late.
What you can see are seed capsules, when ripe they open - look like
cracks down them, and thye papery seed fall out and can be carried by
the wind.
You may still have a few left in them, give them a few sharp taps over
a sheet of paper.
Sow on a well drained compost ASAP, lightly cover and leave in a acool
place over winter