Old 01-11-2010, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default West facing wall. What veg to grow?

Paul Luton wrote in news:4amdnTz9MeP-
:

ditto for gooseberries

It is not quite clear what side of the house this is on. Is the house
itself casting no shadow ?

Hello Paul,
No, the house does not cast a shadow on the plot. The only shadow is from
the wall. Other than that the plot is in full sun.

In the shaded area we are going to try some fruit bushes from
recommendations here which we were going to plant anyway but in a different
place.

Today I bought blackcurrant 2 of, gooseberry 6 of, blackberry one of and a
kiwi fruit 'jenny'. (all for less than £20).

For £20 its worth a gamble I think. But its not the money, its that a year
is a long time to wait to see if what we are doing actually works for us.

Wait and see eh?
Baz