Old 01-11-2010, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Deliveries

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 05:18:05 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Going out to Tesco this morning I found a screwed op bit of paper
outside our gates, it was a note from a delivery firm called HERMES,
it had been chewed by slugs or snails and had had a few doses of rain
on it.
I managed to decipher something like "vulcr ucim" which I worked out
to mean "Under Van".
Well our gate was open and there was nothing under the van, so I
assume that someone had had helped themselves, as anything under the
van would be in full view of the road.
I managed to find Hermes on google and found a phone number for them.
"Yes you did have a delivery",
"You'll have to take it up with the firm you bought from",
"We have a contract with them",
"No we can't contact the driver, we have a contract with the firm you
bought from"
"You'll have to talk to them".
Ans so on
This is not the first time I have had things delivered by them and
everytime the same thing, just dumped and a card left in or by the
gates.
One time the actualy left a parcel at the side of the gate.
They are cheep and their service is atrocious, as long as you have a
car or van and a garage or somewhere to store deliveries you can work
for them.
I now won't deal with 2 firms that use them, and now there is a 3rd to
go on the blocked list.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

A couple of years ago I ordered a book from Amazon, and about 2 weeks
later was wondering where it was when a neighbour 2 doors away in our
terrace brought it to me. She'd been away for a few days, came home
to a card from a delivery firm, "parcel in back garden". She's end
terrace and they'd thrown it over the fence. In her absence, with
rain, the slugs and snails had feasted off the Amazon packaging, and
got right through to the hard cover of the book. Luckily Amazon
replaced the book. I hope they no longer use that firm. Same one?
It's just beyond a joke.

Pam in Bristol