Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Iman Mostafavi

Default Brown Algae

My tank is 3 weeks old and I have some anacharis, anubias, java fern,
african fern, and an amazon sword in there. Over the past few days I've
noticed a brown algae explosion. It's everywhere, on the gravel, glass, and
on the plant leaves now. Also the amazon sword is starting to wither. I
cleaned the glass but I don't know what to do about the coverage on the
leaves.

Will the problem go away once my tank fully cycles? Should I get algae
eating fish?

Tank is 26gallons, and I have a 15W fluorescent. It's probably inadequate,
can I just swap out the bulb with a higher wattage one or do I need a new
light thingy altogether?

Thanks if you can answer any of my questions.

-Iman