Old 02-11-2010, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default Deliveries

On 1 Nov, 16:39, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Last Friday I was in all day, with a parcel expected from DHL.
Nothing was heard, yet that evening the on-line tracking showed
it as "refused delivery". I translate that as, "Ran out of time,
so took it back to depot."

I'm working in Leer, Germany, and DHL have a big machine outside with
a cashpoint-like terminal among a myriad of doors. you can bring the
card they put through the door, or a printout from the vendor, and the
correct door opens for you to collect your parcel. You can also send
things and pay for them with your EC cashcard.