Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
In
Is it something to worry about (garden or plant wise) or do I just
leave it/them alone?
Nothing to worry about. I'd be delighted to get stinkhorns in my garden, they are such strange/weird things. They are said to be common, but I haven't seen one in about 10 years. There are also some related fungi that are even weirder, though more common in tropical climates. They expand out of an round white "egg" that can be confused with a puffball. These "eggs" are sought after to be eaten as aphrodisiacs, though I'm not sure I'd want to eat one!