Old 02-11-2010, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default High Fructose Corn Syrup

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Dan L wrote:

Two of my favorite science fiction classic books is "The Space
Merchants, by Fredrick Pohl & C.M. Kornbluth" a 1952 classic. It's
about corporations in the future selling addictive foods and products
that are harmful to human health and saying it's good for you and
making bigs bucks and enslaving the lower class at the same time.
These guys were way ahead of their time. Reading this novel was like
reading the current news during bad old cigarette days.

Eat some crunchies which make you thirsty, so you have some popsie soda
which triggers a craving for a cigarette, that triggers a craving for some
crunchies, so you follow that with a popsie and then ......

David.

Since we seem to have jumped the tracks here anyway, let me just observe
that the only people left in the industrialized world who don't know
about the deleterious health effects of HFCS must be watchers of FOX
NEWS (Murdoch & Co.), and, therefore, supporters of Glen Beck, and Sarah
Palin.

Probably the best thing we could do for our country, and the planet is
to encourage these folks to eat as much HFCS as possible, and refuse any
government health care that they may be offered.

We now return to our next OT posting.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude