Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Deliveries

Martin wrote:
On 2 Nov 2010 08:54:07 GMT, wrote:

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
But the conclusion from the wrong impression is a non-sequitur -
child care nurseries do extra business during half-terms.

I think there are 2 distinct 'types' of nursery. One where working
parents enroll their kids at 6 months or so old, and they get to
pick and choose when they go, and it costs a fortune - these are the
ones that get lots of holiday time business!

The other, I discovered recently, when my niece got to 3 and started
a pre- school 'nursery', are free*, work on a school timetable (ie,
you /have/ to be there during term time days, and you have to not be
there during holidays!).

I think the (local?) government subsidised nurseries are not free
during school holidays. My grandson attends one, which seems to be
across between the two you describe.

My little grandson goes to one of those for two mornings a week, and it
isn't free at any time. (Well, I hope it's free for some parents.) A
splendid place, I may say, and it was open during the half-term break,
but it's pre-schoolers only, rather than a child-care service.

--
Mike.