Old 02-11-2010, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default weird looking mushroom

In message
echinosum wrote:

;904230 Wrote:
In
Is it something to worry about (garden or plant wise) or do I just
leave it/them alone?

Nothing to worry about. I'd be delighted to get stinkhorns in my
garden, they are such strange/weird things. They are said to be
common, but I haven't seen one in about 10 years. There are also
some related fungi that are even weirder, though more common in
tropical climates. They expand out of an round white "egg" that
can be confused with a puffball. These "eggs" are sought after
to be eaten as aphrodisiacs, though I'm not sure I'd want to eat
one!

Thanks for the reassurance, I was worried about them contaminating
my fruit trees.
I would never have considered eating one though.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes