Old 04-11-2010, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bare rooted rasbperries arrived in post

On 11/02/2010 01:25 PM, Martin wrote:
Growers in Boskoop, in The Netherlands are banned from selling trees with earth
on the roots. They are probably amongst the biggest producers of trees and
bushes in the Netherlands. We have bought rose bushes directly from the growers
in Boskoop and all grew without any problems.

Really? I've bought many trees from Boskoop, some bare root, others in
pots, others with burlap root balls. Last time I was in Boskoop there
were plenty of container trees on offer. I've never heard anything
about this ban... I wonder how I've escaped it?

-E