Old 04-11-2010, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Leaf Fall, composting and special offer!

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:41:23 +0000, floss2205
wrote:

I have a huge oak tree and a silver birch, both of which overhang my
back garden so at this time of year all I spend my time in the garden
doing is picking up leaves.

Oaks typically hold their leaves until spring. Birch leaves are
small, thin, drop late, and by then are mere wisps that simply
disappear from the wind. I never rake leaves, the same one who puts
them there takes them away.

Leaves were about half down yesterday, they'll blow away before the
first snow:
http://i55.tinypic.com/mtkvgn.jpg

My white oaks who are not effected by scorch hold their leaves to early
spring. The Black and reds are almost all down now. I rake in /blow in
about another 2 weeks here. Been known to have piles of leaves about
for kids aka Trick or treaters to stomp thru.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/