Old 04-11-2010, 05:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Leaf Fall, composting and special offer!

writes:

floss2205 writes:

I have a huge oak tree and a silver birch, both of which overhang my
back garden so at this time of year all I spend my time in the garden
doing is picking up leaves then shoving them in the composter.
Then last week I found a special offer on a leaf blower on a Facebook
page for a business that sells leaf blowers and vacuums (seddondirect).
What used to take me a couple of hours now takes only 30 minutes!
For anyone wanting a quicker solution to hand picking leaves at this
time of year I would seriously recommend this solution and grab
yourselves the discount by finding the company on Facebook - made it
cheaper for me!

Here we have Tulip Poplar.

Giant, leaf covered, Tulip Poplar.
Leaves come down like snow when it rains, (like today).

Removing leaves usually spans a period of 5 weekends,
with at least 1 full day devoted to the task.

The lawn services use a combination of back pack blowers
and walk behind blowers. These can get the leaves to the
curb where they either rake or bring in a vacuum truck.

For stubborn homeowners (like me), the back pack blower
is pretty much required. A walk behind would help but
I don't have one. Half the job is getting the piles
of leaves into the back yard for compost.

Right now I'm using a wheeled Rubber Maid 45 gallon
trash can. I'd like something about twice the size
with a larger opening, but so far I haven't found anything.

Well, just found one:

http://trashcansunlimited.com/pro1254633.html

$465, wow.