Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Harlequin ladybirds

In message , Pam Moore
writes
Has anyone any first hand experience of harlequin ladybirds?
A friend of mine has asked me to ask you for help on behalf of a
friend of hers.
This lady lives on the end of a row of houses in Bradford on Avon.
She is beseiged by the things, even getting in her house through open
windows. Nobody else in the row of houses has seen them.
Will the winter kill them off? Is there anything which can be done.
I've suggested they Google them but have not done so myself.
Help please?

Pam in Bristol

I have spells when I keep finding dead ladybirds on a windowsill where
the window is always closed, but there is a vent in the room.. I have
found red on black and black on red varieties.

This somehow came up in conversation when I was out with a walking
group, and one other guy was having the same experience in his house.
Everyone else looked blank about it.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply