Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Do "dwarf" trees breed true from seed?

On Nov 4, 8:34*pm, Michael Bell wrote:
I have found a naturally-occurring dwarf alder. It looks normal in
every way except that it hasn't grown tall, the gap between annual
whorls of branches is much shorter than the normal alders around it.

Is this trait likely to breed true from seed?

I have no particular use in mind, it just struck me as an interesting
variant.

Michael Bell

--

Only a percentage of the seed will have the same properties. It has to
be bred back over generations or cuttings taken. That's why you buy