Old 05-11-2010, 02:14 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamunda View Post
With the UK being blessed with sea, I would have thought we may take the lead and experiment with such ideas.
It rains enough we don't need to. The idea of deliberately putting salt water on land would be thought utter madness, since it kills most plants, and it takes ages to make the land good again.

People usually experiment with cultivation of halophytes (salt tolerant plants)in the kind of places you would expect - where deserts are adjacent to the sea.