Old 05-11-2010, 02:19 PM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.gardens
Steve Carroll Steve Carroll is offline

Default An Apple apologist... or something else?

On Nov 4, 7:30*pm, Snit wrote:

(snip)

Steve merely said it could not be done. *I proved
him wrong. *When he changed his mind

This is a lie. I didn't "change" my mind, in fact, I stated:

"I stand corrected."

The only question here is why you would lie about something that is so
easily proven as a lie? Google shows you even singled out and
specifically quoted this exact piece of text before now:

Steve was shown he was wrong. To his credit he admitted:
Carroll:
------
I stand corrected.
-----
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....n&dmode=source

Are you simply unable to stop yourself from lying, Snit? LOL!

But since Steve was right about a quirk in doing so in some views, he
insisted the video did not show him how to do it.

That's because it didn't... I had already figured out a way to do it,
in fact, I posted about it as I explained to you that what you were
showing didn't work:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....n&dmode=source

Notably, the method I used differed slightly from the method that a
poster sent to me in email.

*Even though I show him the hot keys and everything.

The way I did it used "hot keys and everything"... same goes for the
method spoken about by the poster who emailed me. Your way didn't work
on my MBP, the emailer's way did. Why are you still whining and trying
to compete with this person?

(snip additional lies and drooling by Snit)

It didn't show column or list view. In fact you claimed "Yup, you found a bug
Steve." when Steve pointed that FACT out to you.

Steve found a bug in that the are some ways that work in icon view that do
not work in the other views.

Whatever you want to call it, I 'taught' you about it. Notably, you
never apologized for writing all manner of BS about me prior to your
acknowledgment of it.

*Steve was wrong to say it could not be done in
other views.

I said it couldn't be done the way I was doing it... the way you kept
insisting that it could as you simultaneously admitted I found a
"bug". IOW your position made no sense... again

This is just too complex for you to understand though. *Or too upsetting.
You just have to throw a fit and lie. *You cannot help yourself.

* Steve accepted that my video was correct

I accepted that I made a statement that was incorrect, which is why I
wrote: " I stand corrected."

Your video had another problem... which is why you posted another one
(a third one) when no one was looking, or rather, when you thought no
one was looking.

but then said that
* it only worked in icon view.

And Steve was wrong about this.

I wasn't "wrong" about using the key strokes I used in the manner in
which I used them. The person sending me the email pointed out
something you never mentioned, that something was later posted by me.
Here it is again:

"When selecting the files, when you select the very last one you want
to make an alias of, select and drag it. That way you are not de-
selecting anything in the list. Works for me on an iMac and a MBP,
in icon, list and column view."

*And neither he nor you will ever admit to this.

I know you want to be a "teacher" but the fact is that the person who
emailed me deserves the credit here.