Old 05-11-2010, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Fireworks and chickens

In message , Baz
writes
Since mid October we have had only a few eggs.
Could this be due to some people letting off fireworks and scaring the
chickens?
We didnt have this problem last year.
There is no evidence of mites, but the chickens are quiet and seem
lethargic.
We changed their feed in September as last year to include wheat, as we
cannot obviously feed them exclusively on the diet of scraps from the table
and garden.

Baz

Where I live, 5 miles from a city centre, this is easily the quietest
lead-up to bonfire night that I can remember. Maybe there is less
money to send up in smoke, maybe it's the ridiculous price of fireworks,
or maybe the blessed rain which has dampene the spirits of the small
explosive lover, I don't know.

Sorry, no chickens, but has it been a noisy year in your area by
comparison?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply