Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.gardens
Snit Snit is offline

Default An Apple apologist... or something else?

Tim Adams stated in post
on
11/5/10 6:48 PM:

In article ,
Snit wrote:

Tim Adams stated in post
on
11/4/10 6:17 PM:

Ah, Steve and his sock share the same black and white world view. So he
(and you, his sock) know the facts:

* Steve Carroll was flat out wrong to deny that you can make
multiple aliases in OS X.

* I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple
aliases, and I proved it with a video: http://goo.gl/UdWf

Your video didn't show anything but icon view.

The first video - sure. Steve merely said it could not be done.

and I'm sure you can provide a link where he says 'it can't be done' sometime
next year.

His exact words were "but you can only do one app at a time this way".

And, below, you just snip and make things up. Boring.

Remember the facts:

* Steve Carroll was flat out wrong to deny that you can make
multiple aliases in OS X.

* I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple
aliases, and I proved it with a video: http://goo.gl/UdWf

* Steve accepted that my video was correct, but then said that
it only worked in icon view.

* I was absolutely right to note that you can make multiple
aliases in other views, and I proved it with a video:
http://goo.gl/beyx

* Steve was right to note that with the other views it is not
quite the same - the keystrokes have to be done in a very
particular way. While this way works with icon view, other
ways that work with icon view do not work with the other views.
This is a minor bug - an area of arbitrary inconsistency.

I proved him wrong.

Only AFTER he pointed out how it was done - NOT before. IOW, he proved YOU
wrong, and you were still calling it 'an Apple Bug'. Something it never was!

See: you made that up.

When he changed his mind and decided it could be done in icon
view but not the other views, I proved him wrong there, too.

http://goo.gl/beyx

But since Steve was right about a quirk in doing so in some views, he
insisted the video did not show him how to do it. Even though I show him
the hot keys and everything.

You 'showed him' AFTER he pointed out to you how it was done. Why don't you at
least try and get your facts right once?

And you made that up, too.

Yeah, Steve was just flat out wrong in the quotes I show in that video: and
here is the funny thing - it is completely predictable you will *never*
acknowledge this and will make up stores about me. 100% predictable. And
Steve says it is up to me to explain why you lie... you see, when people lie
as you do, Steve holds *me* accountable for your lies. Steve Carroll thinks
you are a little child who is not responsible for your own lies.

It didn't show column or list view. In fact you claimed "Yup, you found a
bug Steve." when Steve pointed that FACT out to you.

Steve found a bug in that the are some ways that work in icon view that do
not work in the other views. Steve was wrong to say it could not be done in
other views.

This is just too complex for you to understand though. Or too upsetting.
You just have to throw a fit and lie. You cannot help yourself.

And you did!

* Steve accepted that my video was correct, but then said that it only
worked in icon view.

And Steve was wrong about this. And neither he nor you will ever admit to
this. And since Steve thinks you are a little child, he thinks you should
not be responsible for your lies. He thinks I should be.

Yeah, Steve is just that stupid.

And, Tim, so are you!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]