Old 06-11-2010, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Guzmania passion plant problems - Please help

Amos Nomore writes:

In article ,
the_new_mr wrote:

Sorry to bump.

But I'm really desperate

Bump works better if you include the original post or pertinent
information:
-----
We recently got a Guzmania Passion Plant. Here's a pic I found on
google which looks like the one we have:
http://www.valleidice.it/Guzmania.jpg

We have one of those.

When we bought it, it was blooming.
What's nice about the plant is that the bloom lasts for months.
At least ours did.

Finally the bloom gave out, the plant sent up another whorl of leaves
and over a period of about a year, the main plant died away.

I think thats it's natural cycle. The main plant dies after
blooming and another one starts.

I've been caring for the new plant for at least a year and I expect
another bloom to start since the plant is as large as the original.