Old 06-11-2010, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Can bamboo be grown with seawater?

echinosum wrote:
Zamunda;904370 Wrote:
With the UK being blessed with sea, I would have thought we may take the
lead and experiment with such ideas.

It rains enough we don't need to. The idea of deliberately putting salt
water on land would be thought utter madness, since it kills most
plants, and it takes ages to make the land good again.

People usually experiment with cultivation of halophytes (salt tolerant
plants)in the kind of places you would expect - where deserts are
adjacent to the sea.

Ah, Southend then, and possibly, Hull...

--
Rusty