Old 06-11-2010, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default OT Newsreader for Outlook ??

In article ,
"James" wrote:

Sorry for the off topic post, but I have tried elsewhere, and cannot get any
info.

On my new computer, I have Windows 7, which does not include Outlook
Express, which I have on this old computer, which will be given away soon to
a needy person.

On my new system, I use Outlook for my email, but it does not include a
newsreader. I need to find an independent newsreader, something that is
basic, and easy to set up. My server for newsgroups is localnet.com.

Can someone here please recommend a very good, easy interface, basic
newsreader, preferably one for free ? (Don't mind paying, if there is a
superior one offered for sale....).

I know that newsgroups seem to be dying, but I just do not enjoy forums as I
find them clumsy and a bit non-productive, and would like to stay on a
number of newsgroups that are very helpful to me, but I need some good
recommendations on a basic newsreader that (hopefully) would operate similar
to what Outlook Express provides for me on my old machine.

Thanks again for allowing this OT post, and I hope that someone can help me
on this.

James

http://www.google.com/search?q=newsr...&ie=utf-8&oe=u
tf-8