Old 07-11-2010, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Getting new apple trees

"Sacha" wrote

"mark" said:

My intention is to get three new eating apple trees. One I would like to
be
a russet.

Is a russet a russet or are there different types?

For the other two, I would like some recomendations as to some nice ones.

I'm not bothered about the blossom period as we already have a few various
old apple trees.

Any advice on buying also appreciated.

I shan't be doing this very often so just want to get it right.

These people have a good range of fruit trees of all types so even if
you don't buy from them, you'll see some interesting names and info!
http://www.thornhayes-nursery.co.uk/

I can also recommend ...

http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/

Just bought a cherry from them and was rather impressed by the quality.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden