Old 07-11-2010, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Can bamboo be grown with seawater?

"harry" wrote in message
On 30 Oct, 21:06, Zamunda wrote:
I was in the Middle East and saw charcoal shipped from Africa which got
me thinking. Rather than those Africans loosing trees, I wondered
whether people in ME could have charcoal from the bamboo tree and grown
locally with the salted water that was around me at the time.

--
Zamunda

No. But mangrove can. But it's all about economics. And muslims
don't give a toss about the environment because allah looks after all
that stuff.

You sure about that?
Earthquake in Pakistan. Floods in Pakistan. Tsunami in Indonesia, volcanic
eruption in Indonesia and so on....

mark