Old 07-11-2010, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Is it important?

In message ,
writes
On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 09:39:10 +0000, Malcolm
wrote:

In article ,
writes
On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 18:48:42 +0000, kay
wrote:

But many
analyses are simply looking at presence or absence of a species, and
actual numbers are irrelevant to this.

But only in participating gardens. That cannot be extended to whole
populations throughout the country, for the reasons I have given.

Your "reasons" are flawed because you don't (?won't, ?can't) understand
the concept of sampling.

Don't try to make it sound difficult, Malcolm :-)

I think you've hit the nail on the head Malcolm. He doesn't want to see
any answer which doesn't reinforce his preconceptions and he would
appear to know nothing about the dark art of statistical analysis, of
which I freely admit my own knowledge is rather scant.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha