Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Posey Posey is offline
Registered User

Location: Albany, New York USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel B. Martin View Post
Frost warning tonight. The 2010 vegetable gardening season is over.
Today we harvested the meager remains: some half-ripe tomatoes, a few
undersize eggplants, a few smallish sweet peppers. It was fun while it
lasted.

Daniel B. Martin
I live in Albany, New York. We've had a few killer frosts already and a lot of rain last week. I have 3 tomatoes left sitting on a shelf above my kitchen sink and don't look forward to having to eat the tasteless, tough-skinned tomatoes I buy at the store over the winter, let alone having to start paying for them again. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the upper 40's and a little warmer the rest of the week. The leaves fell a little later than usual this year and the colors were amazingly bright. Now that the clocks have been turned back, it will be dark around 4 pm...Sure will miss the long summer days.

Anne E. Cooper