Old 07-11-2010, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Getting new apple trees

Martin Brown wrote:

I would quite like to get one of the quick to ripen early non keepers.
We used to have a wonderful scarlet red one with pink flesh name unknown
in Belgium. Worth it for having the first apples of the season.
(anyone recognise it from this description?)

Yes, but my forgettory is working overtime. If no-one else can suggest
what it is, I'll ask someone loacally who probably will.

If you want a swotch of Discovery, or a similar-looking (but nicer)
apple, I'd be pleased to send you some when I hak them off to graft a
coule of varieties I prefer. (Charles Ross is one of them, if you hadn't
guessed.)

--
Rusty