Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default wearing poppoes

On 07/11/2010 18:21, Dave Hill wrote:
On Nov 7, 12:56 pm, wrote:
Pam wrote :

I thought it was a bit OTT last night on Strictly, that they all wore
poppies, even the dancers. They must have had them very securely sewn
on. A pin would have been a bit too risky!

Pam in Bristol

This might have been vaguely on topic if the poppy was a real poppy.
Only joking.
Joking aside, IMO everybody who has a conscience should remember why we are
all still free, and wear that poppy with pride.

In a few years time nobody will remember 11/11. because its not in our
lifetime. Winston and all the lost heroes of 2 world wars will no doubt be
in the history lessons when we and a couple more generations have passed.

A pin would have been a bit too risky!
Indeed.

Baz

Well apart from missing an 11, it is the 11th hour of the 11day of the
11th month,
Popy day isn't just about the 2 World wars, it also remembers all
those who have given their lives in all the conflicts that we have
been involved in.
I was glad to see the dancers with their poppies, as with the news
readers, presenters etc wearing them, some a bit early but then it
serves as a reminder to viewers to get theirs.
Just be thankfull that Flanders fields were filled with poppies and
not thistles.
David

I have found these poppies very durable. I bought mine over 5 years ago
,still going strong, so I have not needed to buy another since!