Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default wearing poppoes

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 12:56:14 GMT, Baz wrote:

Pam Moore wrote in
:

I thought it was a bit OTT last night on Strictly, that they all wore
poppies, even the dancers. They must have had them very securely sewn
on. A pin would have been a bit too risky!

Pam in Bristol

This might have been vaguely on topic if the poppy was a real poppy.
Only joking.
Joking aside, IMO everybody who has a conscience should remember why we are
all still free, and wear that poppy with pride.

In a few years time nobody will remember 11/11. because its not in our
lifetime. Winston and all the lost heroes of 2 world wars will no doubt be
in the history lessons when we and a couple more generations have passed.

A pin would have been a bit too risky!
Indeed.

I shall "wear my poppy with pride" and go to our local war memorial
ceremony. I had an uncle killed in the trenches who is fondly
remembered tho' I never knew him.
What I am criticising is the fact that just about everyone on BBC TV
is wearing one and I wonder whether they are given the choice. I heard
that Jon (or Peter) Snow has refused to wear one before 11th.

Pam in Bristol