Old 08-11-2010, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default wearing poppoes

In message
,
Dave Hill writes

Well apart from missing an 11, it is the 11th hour of the 11day of the
11th month,
Popy day isn't just about the 2 World wars, it also remembers all
those who have given their lives in all the conflicts that we have
been involved in.
I was glad to see the dancers with their poppies, as with the news
readers, presenters etc wearing them, some a bit early but then it
serves as a reminder to viewers to get theirs.

Exactly, it is a reminder for anyone who does not get the numerous
letters/draw tickets through the post, as I do, because I used to be a
British Legion member. I discovered this year that their book of
draw tickets now contains 11.....

Just be thankfull that Flanders fields were filled with poppies and
not thistles.
David

Yes, it could be a nuisance having Goldfinches fluttering around our
lapels.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply