Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Persimons

Oren wrote:

Our neighbor just returned from California and gifted some Persimmons.

What shall we do with them? A little reading in Wiki helped. When ripe
would they be okay for a jam or jelly or just eat them like other
fruit?

Before persimmons are ripe they taste like nuclear powered lemon acid
chalk. After they are ripe they are more like pears. The change is
amazing. Out of hand, reduced to jam - Good either way.