Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Greenhouse Compost heap!

From today's Daily Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...er-months.html

First on the list, now the frosts are here, is building a compost heap in my greenhouse.
I'll turn my outdoor ones first and start the new indoors one with any partially decomposed material.
I'll make it ratproof (fingers crossed) and so will need some wire netting on the base.

I love the free heat it will generate, as will my tender perennials and early spring veg.
I will add offerings from the hen house, kitchen waste and occasional visits from the
male members of the household.
In spring it will be moved out to make room for the tomatoes again.

I have heard of using a 'hotbed' to grow melons under glass, but a new
compost heap during the winter months?

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info