Old 09-11-2010, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Calcium Sulfate / Gypsum

On 11/8/10 10:30 AM, mj wrote:
Where can I buy a pound or two of this and not have the shipping be
crazy? Where could I buy it in say a local store? I have all the other
chemicals for my hydroponics except this one and I don't want to have
to buy a ton.

MJ

Many nurseries sell gypsum in small bags (5 or 10 pounds). But gypsum
is quite cheap. I think I paid less than $10 for a 50-pound sack at
Orchard Supply (OSH). But then, I use about 50 pounds a year to keep my
clay soil porous. I may use 100 pounds this winter, broadcasting it
over my entire front and back yards; it's been at least two years since
I did that.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean