Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Coffee grounds

On Nov 10, 3:55*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/9/10 8:53 AM, in article ,

"echinosum" wrote:

Higgs Boson;904722 Wrote:
So, if you're into coffee mulching, would *you pls share your
experience.

A useful property of coffee ground mulch is that it is anti-gastropod.
So my coffee grounds go around my Lapageria rosea, which is otherwise
the favourite food in the garden for the local snails.

Let's hear i for anti-gastropods! I lost some baby beets to the Bad G
(I think)
so will strew my Friday grounds out there & hope for the best.

So it would be a good thing for my hostas too!

I have been using it as a general mulch in the garden when I can find it at
Charbucks - I'm not shy, I'll just walk in and nab it!

Hah! "Charbucks" - Love it. I tried them when they first came to
town years
(decades?) ago, but never got used to the burned taste.

Tx, Cheryl

I've heard it works as a sand/sub for icy driving, but I haven't tried it
yet!

No icy driving here. Just awful congestion, getting worse & worse.

HB