Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Persimons

In article
,
Pavel314 wrote:

On Nov 9, 9:09*pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:47:18 -0600, George Shirley

wrote:
FUYU's don't ripen soft like the other kind of Japanese persimmons,
don't let them stay to long or they will rot.

One is soft for me to try in the morning. I've never eaten one so I
hope I enjoy it G.

A somewhat related question about persimmons: can I just plant the
seeds from ripe persimmons to grow new trees or do they need to be
chilled or frozen before they sprout?

Paul

http://chestofbooks.com/gardening-ho...al-And-Subtrop
ical-Fruits/Japanese-Persimmon-Propagation.html

The local inferior persimmons can handle simple plant of seed.
Japanese persimmons seem a tad more involved.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/