Old 10-11-2010, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.environment
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Gardener Tax

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Our Council (Runnymede Borough Council) have always charged for the
rent/use of green reusable sacks for garden waste which they then collect
every two weeks.
The alternative is you cart it to the Council Recycling Site in your car.
If you try it in a van, I have a Landrover 90 hardtop just for such
things, you have to have a Surrey County Council Waste Licence.

Our garden (Brown) waste bin's contents are collected two-weekly, no
charge.
I doubt if the collected contents value warrants the cost of the fuel etc.
to make it viable.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com