Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Coffee grounds

On 11/10/10 3:27 PM, in article
, "Higgs
Boson" wrote:

On Nov 10, 3:55*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/9/10 8:53 AM, in article ,

"echinosum" wrote:

Higgs Boson;904722 Wrote:
So, if you're into coffee mulching, would *you pls share your
experience.
A useful property of coffee ground mulch is that it is anti-gastropod.
So my coffee grounds go around my Lapageria rosea, which is otherwise
the favourite food in the garden for the local snails.

Let's hear i for anti-gastropods! I lost some baby beets to the Bad G
(I think)
so will strew my Friday grounds out there & hope for the best.

So it would be a good thing for my hostas too!

I have been using it as a general mulch in the garden when I can find it at
Charbucks - I'm not shy, I'll just walk in and nab it!

Hah! "Charbucks" - Love it. I tried them when they first came to
town years
(decades?) ago, but never got used to the burned taste.

Tx, Cheryl

Anytime - supposedly some of my "local" places will do it too. I'll ask next
spring.

I've heard it works as a sand/sub for icy driving, but I haven't tried it
yet!

No icy driving here. Just awful congestion, getting worse & worse.

HB

Not sure where you are off the top of my head, but I'm in the frozen north.
Shortly, I'll put out the driveway markers and such. All the garden
ornaments are in or on the deck. (got this great brass colored whirling
sunflower and it looks great in a pot the deck.