Old 11-11-2010, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Fresh Butter Beans

On 2010-11-11 11:40:50 +0000, "Plum" said:

Has anyone ever grown or, for that matter, eaten fresh butter beans? *
The only ones we ever get in England are dried, even the tinned ones. *
I think we had fresh ones in Greece but the language made proper
identification a problem. *They were delicious. *Presumably they don't
grow here, but I wonder why not.

I *think* butter beans are a type of lima bean, Phaseolus lunata. *ISTR
Seeds of Italy had them but this isn't really mt thing. *When the
person who does most of our veg plants growing is next in, I'll ask her
and also see if she's got a catalogue yet.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

We went all through this topic a few weeks ago.