Old 11-11-2010, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.environment
mark mark is offline

Default Gardener Tax

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
Cheltenham Borough Council is fed up with collecting garden refuse in
reusable green bags free of charge. Instead, they are offering to rent us
bins - a snip at £36/year. Or we can drive to the tip. They just don't get
this environment lark do they?

It has been a chargeable service round here for a while (Broadland District
Council). It works out about £1.50/ bin over the year. Good value I would
say if you compare it with commercial waste disposals eg., skips and bag
collection. Buy a cup of tea out and see how much change you get from
£1.50. I had to go on a waiting list for a few weeks when I first applied
for a brown bin.

mark