Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Mike Edwardes

Default Is a 6ft tank too big?

stacey morris wrote in message . ..
Mike
Thanks for your input - it was actually your site that gave
me the inspiration for the low tech approach! I guess Im just going to
have to bite the bullet and splash out on the Arcadia lamps and
control units. Ironically, it will probably be cheaper to buy 6 x 4fts
with control units than 4 x 5fts! Do you think I could get away with
my Fluval 403 for filtration?
Stacey

You don't need any filtration at all for the Walstad method - the
plants do the work. What you could do is use the empty cannister to
give some water movement, which she recommends. Having said that, I
have now removed the powerheads from my tanks and I'm not sure I've
seen any effect at all, but these are admittedly smaller tanks than
yours.

Mike.
--
Mike Edwardes Tropicals