Old 12-11-2010, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.food+drink.misc

Default Greece next spring

I am planning a trip to Greece next spring (late March and early
April), with the intention of chilling out in various tavernas,
doing some moderate walking, looking at wildflowers, and so on.
My wife might even want to swim briefly - shudder.

We shall probably hire a car, but I do NOT want a major hassle
getting there, so within reasonable reach of Athens or Salonika
is a must.

Any suggestions of locations, advice etc. welcomed. Currently,
the Argos area looks attractive, as being easy to get to and
close to the moderate mountains, beaches etc.

Thanks for any responses.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.