Old 13-11-2010, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Water on allotments

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:02:35 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Bob beware. There is a difference between a stream and a canal :-((

My daughter and Son in Law have a stream running through their gardens and
into a pond and then the overflow goes into the Village Pond. A couple of
years ago there was a distinctive prolonged dry period and their stream and
pond dried up. Complaints were made about the Village Pond drying up and a
visitation was made as to whether D & SiL were stopping the water reaching
Village Pond for 'their own advantage'. We happened to be looking after
their house, grounds and business when the 'Official Gentleman' came and
when he saw the dried up stream and pond he was happy :-)) It also helped
that he was 'one of those people' who we always say, 'It's not what you know
but who you know' :-))

Watch where you take water from ......................... ;-(

They shut some north west canals during the drought - not ours though.
I've been told there are underground streams in the area but have
never seen proof ..

I have a wonderful story about rain water and water rates on my first
business premises, but I won't bore you now :-(( There is enough Off Topic
stuff on here at the present time :-((((((((( .................... (Can
anyone answer my medical problems?) ................ ;-))))

Only if you have a go at mine!
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk