Old 13-11-2010, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Greece next spring

On Nov 12, 9:37*pm, wrote:
I am planning a trip to Greece next spring (late March and early
April), with the intention of chilling out in various tavernas,
doing some moderate walking, looking at wildflowers, and so on.
My wife might even want to swim briefly - shudder.

We shall probably hire a car, but I do NOT want a major hassle
getting there, so within reasonable reach of Athens or Salonika
is a must.

Any suggestions of locations, advice etc. welcomed. *Currently,
the Argos area looks attractive, as being easy to get to and
close to the moderate mountains, beaches etc.

Thanks for any responses.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Greece is full of tourists. You can't get near the major attractions
only as part of a herd being shoved through as fast as possible. By
far the worst in this respect is places like the Acropolis.
Tourism ruins the things it comes to see :-)
In the tourist areas the Greeks just want to rip you off.
Away from the tourist areas the people are OK. (As everywhere)
I hear that since the latest financial calamity/unemployment, the
crime thing is getting worse, so you need to check this out. Should
be some good rioting to watch. If you get good pix it can finance your
holiday!