Old 14-11-2010, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd Todd is offline

Default Need perennial that like lots of water

Hi All,

I have an ellipse at the edge of my lawn where I
intend to grow perennial flowers. I love Hollyhocks,
but the one in the front of the ellipse always die on
me from all the water that soaks over from the lawn.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a perennial flower that:

1) likes lots and lots of water,
2) tolerates hot, dry high desert air (Norther Nevada),
3) does not mind lots of sunlight, and
4) will survive the winter (we sometimes get down to 0F)

Many thanks,
-T