Old 14-11-2010, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Ginkgo seeds

Advice needed please about what to do with some ginkgo seeds I picked
up at the weekend. If anyone has picked up any of these you will know
that they smell awful, so luckily I had a plastic bag in my pocket.
I've got 5 berries which I've put outside on top of a pot of soil.
What to do now? Can I plant them as they are or do I have to remove
the smelly pulp? Perhpas soaking in water might help?
I grew a ginkgo from seed about 40 years ago, but that was bought dry
seed! No I don't have a 40 year old ginkgo. It must have died on me
sometime!
TIA

Pam in Bristol