Old 15-11-2010, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default Timer settings for lights for growing seedlings

In message
"Pete" wrote:

"Michael Bell" wrote in message
. uk...

Oh yes, there is a "permanently on" switch, but do you advise me to
use it?

No reason why not to, that I can think of.
You can get the desired off periods with the external timer.

If you could give me product reference source for this "Powerplant"
then this would help.

Aldi have some timers on special offer, you could consider

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_16304.htm

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Pete

So far as I be sure from pictures on the web, this is the hood:-

http://www.hg-hydroponics.co.uk/powe...ight-169-p.asp

and this is the light bulb.

http://www.hg-hydroponics.co.uk/200w...rple-623-p.asp

I can easily handle the electrics of it, my question is "how many
hours a day should the lights be on"?

I am a complete newbie in this. This is my first attempt at growing
seedlings under lights.

Thank you for any advice, it may seem obvious things to you, but it's
not to me.

Michael