Old 15-11-2010, 01:39 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollierose View Post
Does anyone know why my honeysuckle won't flower? I have had it for a few years now. It has plenty of foliage and is placed in the south in a well drained sandy soil. If anyone could help I'd be really grateful. Thanks
The point of a climbing plant is that it (generally) wants its roots in good moist soil,, then climbs to the top of the surrounding vegetation (so that it gets lot of sunlight) before flowering. So it may be too dry (in which case it will probably also get mildew in late summer - grey powdery stuff on the leaves). It may just not have realised it's at the top yet. One of mine took ages to start flowering - probably 5 years.