Old 16-11-2010, 09:16 AM
hollierose hollierose is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
The point of a climbing plant is that it (generally) wants its roots in good moist soil,, then climbs to the top of the surrounding vegetation (so that it gets lot of sunlight) before flowering. So it may be too dry (in which case it will probably also get mildew in late summer - grey powdery stuff on the leaves). It may just not have realised it's at the top yet. One of mine took ages to start flowering - probably 5 years.
I have had it for about three years so hopefully it will just be a case of it flowering late then maybe, I'm not too sure with those plants actually, a friend gave it to me so I didn't and still don't know all that much about it. Thank you so much for the information, it really helps!
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers