Old 16-11-2010, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Water on allotments

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:18:55 GMT, Baz wrote:

mogga wrote in
:

Is anyone on an allotment without water to the site?
How do you manage? Is it possible to collect enough rainwater? (I
suspect not...)

How do others on the site manage?

It's a site in the making - and won't initally have water.

No point in having an allotment otherwise.

There must be a way! Surely?

In N/Lincs here we have drains(which are similar to canals) which flow into
canals because our land is pan flat, and of course the excess water flows
into the canal via the drains. Then into the River Humber, and all over
again.
We are lucky in this way.
Our summer in Sunny Scunny can be very unpredictable and sometimes we have
a hosepipe ban, with all that water hanging around!

My garden is always watered with either the hose or water we collect, but
it will be illegal.
The water I collect does not belong to me! Nor God.
It belongs to Severn Trent and Anglian Water companies.

Baz

--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk