Old 17-11-2010, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default paeonia

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Recently had to rescue a lot of plants from a garden in Hockliffe as
owners don't want responsibility of an ex owner's (very keen gardener)
plants. Many obviously grown from seed from Khazakstan and Russia
Turkey and New Zealand.
We couldn't read some plant labels (They had taken some of the
geraniums with them as they once held a national collection)
Anyway I have this one label of a plant we dug up which looks like
Paeony Ancluvita. Anyone have a stab at an id of this for us please?

Perhaps a photograph of the label might help.

On the reverse of the label is JH1745 Kazakstan

If that is a collection number it should be sufficient to identify the
plant, but it's not coming up on Google.

The Paeony Society may be able to help (http://www.paeonia.org/).

Janet

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley