Old 18-11-2010, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Is it still healthy?

On Nov 18, 3:08*pm, Frank Booth Snr wrote:
A little while back I posted that I had bought some bare-rooted
raspberry canes, *But when they arrived they looked very dry, even
though the top buds on the stems showed some grren in them.

I've temporarily inserted the roots in a tub of damp compost, and have
just taken a photo of a cross-section of one of the stems. As you can
just see there is a thin green circle at the circumference, whilst the
remainder of the inner stem looks like white dead wood.

Is this what I should expect at this time of year?

http://tinyurl.com/3yvkqcw

Regards

Frank

Looks perfectly normal to me.